Friday, May 8, 2015

Every Day Celebrate "Mother's Day"


That is a fact...We celebrate the holiday known as Mother's Day!


Okay, this is the skinny.  It's time to celebrate Mother's Day "every day" whether you are a woman with children at home, or they have flown the coop, or there are no children in sight, or there never have been any...it just does not matter. You are a woman and you are a nurturer by nature and I say let's celebrate it every day! Be it family, neighbors, animals, or plants you are called on to mother...yes, mother all living; be it yours or others. My goodness, what would the world be like if there were no women to nurture the best and the worst of us?  Well, in my humble opinion, please hear me, we would be in a muddle, a total state of confusion.  Women are nurtures, and all are wanted and needed!

I offer to all women my check list of motherhood. I give it as a bouquet of flowers 
to help us see we are a special women in all areas of life.


A. As a woman, I admit I was a good and bad mother.  My kids will agree with that.  However, I gave it my all and rendered the best I could with the knowledge and energy I had at the time.  I do love my kids and always want the best for them.  As a woman, you might agree, there has always been a concern for nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, co-workers and others, even the grouchy neighbor who needs our care and love.

B. Who is my neighbor?  I have been told all people, everyone far and wide are my neighbors. Maybe it's the youth/adult group at church, Latch Key Kids, or Boys and Girls Club. Perhaps we can serve as a volunteer when or wherever needed, or be the best cheerleader for all neighborhood kids. With our giving, we can offer ourselves a well earned grade of passing, because we really do want to be a contributor to the good for all. 

C. With animals, I give myself a grade of excellent, except for the rabbits I forgot to give water...poor critters.  Sure hope they had a grand entrance into Bunny Heaven.  Perhaps you are gifted with dogs and cats, maybe your passion is a gerbil, or a cute pig, my friend named her pet pig "Pearl" because of the fine pearl she had placed in its ear.  I know a woman who raised and loves Corn Snakes (yuk). It really does not matter even if your choice is a humble gold fish.  Just give care and love.

D.  Let's talk about outdoor plants, inside plants I admit to failure, the lush outside ones Mother Nature gives me a helping hand.  In this category I have been reasonably good; I water, fertilize, cultivate, and they respond quite well. My garden is filled with Hostas, and Cora-bells.  What is your passion, the lush, perfumed Hybrid  Roses, Pansies, Hen-and-chickens, or Coleus?  Maybe you're excellent with the second class flowers...weeds.  Whatever you do, enjoy and know you are mothering.

Therefore, we as women, the nurturers, are in  good standing by my standards,

*****
Now let's talk about nurturing ourselves.

A friend purchased for herself two Geranium plants for her front porch; they give her comfort.
A friend finds she has a need to occasionally enjoy a health spa.
One woman decided to buy herself a new set of earrings to celebrate motherhood.
Another decided to take a day's road trip of her choice.
 I look forward to a comforting manicure.
Good advice is to take one hour a day and do what turns you on.

Whatever your fancy, do it to nurture yourself, go after it as if you were a member of the 
Gang Busters Club.

*****
 On this celebrated day, I am offering a generous piece of cake 
for anyone who might drop by for a cheery visit.

This is a sample of the cake.


I start with Duncan Hines deliciously moist spice cake mix. Follow directions as given,  Then add
one 3/4 cup raisins, one peeled and shredded Granny Smith apple, and 3/4 cup walnuts chopped.
Mix all together. 

It smells wonderful baking. When finished, I have a luscious "apple" cake topped with cream cheese frosting and showy trimmings.

    *****

   I am ready to celebrate being a woman who is wanted and needed to give
 generously a nurturing nature "every day" to family, neighbors, animals, 
and plants - to all living - because it makes me happy.

Let's celebrate every day as a Mother's Day!






1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post to remind of us of what we are already doing. Love your cake recipe. I'm going to try it. Bob loves spice cake, and this would make it even more special. Thank you dear friend. Lots of love

    ReplyDelete