Saturday, February 6, 2016

Stupid Cupid/Brilliant Cupid


Who is this? You guessed it . . . a picture of Cupid.

This post is featuring Cupid, a symbol of love; after all it is the month of February.

A recording star, in 1958, by the name of Connie Francis, sang the jazzy tune called "Stupid Cupid."
The beginning verse states:
Stupid Cupid, you're a real mean guy
I'd like to clip your wings so you can't fly.
I'm in love and it's a crying shame,
And I know that you're the one to blame.
Hey hey, set me free
Stupid Cupid, stop picking on me.

Mandy Moore sang the same song in the movie Princess Diaries, which proved to be a popular hit.

After lunch with my friend Kalleen Foster, who spoke of Stupid Cupid, I started thinking about my encounter with the famous Cherub.  I must admit many of Cupid's overpowering arrows flew over and around me.  He is not a straight shooting guy.  For some time I escaped his power. However, as time passed one arrow hit dead center, as if a huge boulder landed with a thud into the tender tissues of my heart; leaving a love potion never to fade away. The name of Cupid's love arrow is . . .    


Robert Miland Draper

Love is a beautiful thing.  When I said, "Yes," to Bob's proposal it was a righteous choice.

Love needs to be extended to all.  In the good book (John 13:34) it states, "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you."

I read from "The Book of On!" by Emil O. Hanson the following: The emotion of true love is much more powerful than the emotion of fear. It is actually an art according to Van Gogh, "There is nothing more truly artistic than to love people."

A quote from Ann Landers intrigues me, she said, "Love is friendship that has caught fire.  It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving.  It is loyalty thru good time and bad. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weakness.  Love is content with the present; it hopes for the future and it doesn't brood over the past.  It is the day-in and day-out chronicles of irritations, problems, compromises, small disappointments, big victories and common goals.  If you have love in your life, it can make up for a great many things that you lack. If you don't have it, no matter what else is there, it isn't enough."


Dear Reader, it does not matter if you want to call the symbol of love a Stupid Cupid or a Brilliant Cupid. The point is love is real, it feels wonderful, is a scrumptious treat for the soul, and an enormous need in our lives. 

 Happy Valentine's Day to all.  




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for such a timely post. Your writing is very thoughtful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun Emma Lu! Great pic of Bob and what a blessing your love has been in my life. Thanks❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you're sick and your lungs go kaput.,
    move to Salt Lake where the skies full of soot
    The air is inverted you might get converted,
    When you're sick and your lungs go Kaput.

    The mountains and you are both high
    your bloods full of drugs and I....
    am paying attention how many times did they
    mention, if don't go a good job you could die.

    It's time for another blood test, I sware that I'm doing
    my best...my wallet and patience are thin and I wonder what mood you'll be in.

    I was you're lover and spouce...to pay for this we sold the house.
    Now im your caregiver...next year we'll be back
    for my new liver.
    "When your sick and your lungs go Kaput"

    ReplyDelete