Thursday, September 1, 2016

"Thinking About Things"

This is a very intriguing question: "What Are You Thinking?"

I have been thinking about you, dear reader, and want to personally ask you,

"Just What Are You Thinking About?"


Have you ever thought about how we were created by the most intelligent person in the whole universe and sent to enjoy earth life and enhance our potential by thinking noble and virtuous thoughts?  The great Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living,"  

Perhaps it would be wise to "THINK" productively and examine our thoughts.  Do you think we ever really reach our potential in this life?  Do we hunger for knowledge, as if we were a walking encyclopedia? Do we search for unique ideas, like a dog sniffing out a gopher? Have you ever had a great thought pop into your head, only to pop out again?  Perhaps a terrific thought might stick, but it changes and grows with a process that amazes thinking minds. Perhaps your brilliant thought just might be the spark to a further, fabulous inspiration.

I like to ponder. It is a thinking tactic, which can be rather entertaining, for example: I was sitting by the mighty, old, rough, cottonwood tree in our back yard and I thought, "How do you know precisely when it is the last week in May, and your assignment is to send cotton about our yard, like a soft, winter snowstorm, then shut it off the third week of June?"  How do you know?


Or

Standing under a night sky and thinking how does the moon stay in place and not rudely bump into the stars while they gleefully twinkle?  How does it happen?


Or

Why did I absentmindedly pull my slacks on then realize they were on backwards?  What was I
thinking?


Things, events, and relationships are topics we all think about, but the wise ones tell us we need a wee bit of change.  We should make our list read relationships, events, and things.
                     
WHY? 

Relationships:  Thinking about relationships has a strong purpose.  It tightens the ranks for loved ones to gain strength from each other.  It calls for action to give gratitude for family, friends, and associates. Thinking of our relationships gives courage to lift and be lifted by others to higher realms of strength, knowledge. and love.

Events:  Do we hear the call of adventure?  Think about events  past, present, and future.  Enjoying and developing events brings to all, sweet and blessed memories of life's best.

Things:  Last on the list is life's things.  Think . . . is there too much . . . are there too many? Acknowledge what is needed and wanted.  Adjust from there . . . be ruthless!

Again I ask, "Just what are you thinking about?'

Until the next post, "Cherish your productive thoughts."







3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this reminder to notice our thoughts. I like doing this! You've made my day great because I'll think about what I think about. Fun huh! Lots of love, Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I thought to think about that thought that you thought to think about. Thinking thoughts that you taught me to think about it thought thinking.
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I thought to think about that thought that you thought to think about. Thinking thoughts that you taught me to think about it thought thinking.
    Dan

    ReplyDelete