Monday, March 7, 2016

Simple Simple Simple

This post is featuring my thoughts regarding a simple life.

I have a hidden secret.  
It has given me numerous daunting thoughts.  
To make it worst, the season of spring is upon us.

I have been known as a designer, a collector, and a fetish housekeeper.  However, the secret is I have altered my style to minimalist.  I hunger for a simple life like a frantic baboon after a banana.  It started sometime ago when a beloved friend, Jeannie Cragun, gave me a small Amish Style picture as an unique gift.  Little did she know it would eventually shape my moral code.

The Gift 



Because the spring season, has the traditional slogan "Spring Clean" I have decided to burst open my desire and take a business language approach to the project of clearing out unwanted or no longer needed belongings.  With an honest purpose, I move ahead to expose my secret and gain a simpler life. I understand not everyone wants to participate in the "Spring Clean" thing.  I take responsibility for my own desire, and happily allow others their personal choice of comfort and happiness.

 My task begins as if I were a blood hound seeking a hidden treasure.

Blue-Sky Thinking: Open minded and creative approach to the simple life project.

Overstocked:  Realize too much is really too much.

Balance Sheet:  A record to show assets and liabilities of personal items, clutter, and household possessions.

Clearance:  The green light is on and the process is "ruthless."  Do give-a-ways, boxes to good will, take unwanted items to the curb as freebies.

Work In Progress:  Time invested but not completed.  Complications -- workaholic, muscle aches, weary mind and body, and all smashed together with substantial stress.

Writ of Execution: Ensures the decision of "Spring Clean" relating to a simple life is enforced.

Bells and Whistles:  Bankers Hours --  Short work days, often with a long lunch break to ensure time to enjoy personal luxuries.  Remuneration -- Time to think positive thoughts regarding others and give acts of kindness for no reason. Bean-fest -- Happy hubby will supply dinner, as a treat, for his loving wife.

Brittany Ritcher CEO of Souliply, voiced my sincere sentiments. "To me, living a simple life does not mean living a boring one, a lazy one or an average one, and definitely not an easy one!  Living a simple life is when you make the active choice to include/exclude certain actions and habits from your schedule."

My secret is out.  I will strive to cherish the simple things.


Until the next post, remember the Lord loves all of us and wants us to serve gladly.







2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. What a great reminder for all of us. You are such a dear friend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete