Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Major Night Escapade


 This post leaks out my undisclosed, unfortunate, winter dilemma.

I admit, not everyone enjoys the frosty season with its uncertain twist and turns. The unpredictable cold, sunny, foggy, snowy, icy, windy days excite me.  It is a time to wrap up in warm, cuddly clothes, enjoy a nice treat such as a cup of hot chocolate or tasty soup, turn on your favorite music, then sit and savor the north-land's atmosphere.

As you know, to prepare for the winter months, Mother Nature has put to bed the flora of her empire; all is in quiet slumber.  However, she leaves the bliss of simplicity and hope of rebirth.



  •  A Fact You Did Not Know About Me


In my opinion, winter snow brings the creative escapade of  making Snow Angels.  I have made many of them. Recall with me how the adventure begins as you drop, butt first then flat on your back, in the soft snow-laden ground.  Perhaps with the thud of the fall you felt the need to take a moment to readjust yourself.

After the glorious creation of the Snow Angel, you rested until you were ready to rise and lift yourself to a standing position. Recall how you stepped aside and viewed your master-piece.  Oh, with these sweet memories and a youthful urge, I wanted to make a Snow Angel. The problem: I am an older woman.


  • A Call to Action     

My exciting activity started after dark, so curious on lookers would not be part of my senior citizen adventure.


Being dressed warm and bulky, like an excited football linebacker, I ventured out. I picked a spot in the middle of our front yard.  However, with the traditional fall, butt first then flat on your back, I met the ground with a heavy thud.  In my opinion, the jar seemed harder then I remembered.  However, the starry, starry night twinkled with radiance and I relaxed as I viewed the magnificent phenomenon.

With courage, I went into action and proceeded to flay my arms and legs to sculptor my design; I felt so skilled.

  • A Comical Drama

The real production began as I tried to get up off the ground and realized the added years to my youth prevented such action  . . . I could not get up!  I struggled until I turned over on my side, but getting up-right proved to be another predicament.

My hubby began to wonder why a Snow Angel would take so long and ventured outside to investigate.  He found me in a labored, slow moving crawl of hand, knee, hand, knee, until I reached the front porch. The scene caused him to bend over with peals of joyful laughter.  At last, I reached the porch and joined him in the comical boo-boo.  After my awkward effort to get up, I made a beeline to the bathroom, to accommodate a bladder responding to the physical struggle and hysterical laughter.

  • A Lesson Learned

Snow Angels are for the young -- not the young at heart.  As my mother would say, "Act your age." Just between you and me, I hope we never forget to engage in fun -- real pleasure, but at my age -- be choosy!

I say, "If I ever venture out again to make a magnificent Snow Angel, 
I will need urgent psychiatric help."

*****

In the next blog . . . I will be addressing a hush-hush issue.

Take care, be safe, have fun, and serve the Lord in gladness.


 "UPDATE:"    Did you know Disney-on-Ice held a Snow Angel event last year?  Go to:

 https://www.facebook.com/notes/disney-on-ice/snow-angel.../1206072029403472/

2 comments:

  1. What a great post. I'm always thinking I'm a kid again, but my body keeps reminding me I'm not! Hugs. Thanks for the perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved these posts and I love snow angels.

    ReplyDelete