Tuesday, September 26, 2017

You Will Never Believe My Unusual . . .


This statement is intriguing:  


"Hum, that's very unusual."





  • Appearing Most Unusual


On a morning walk, I detected two crows sitting on a high wire. I spoke to them; nothing too serious just a "Good Morning."  They cocked their heads and began crowing; I mean offensively loud.  Not along afterwards, a number of their friends assembled themselves in a nearby tree.  I asked, "Have you come to participate in a council meeting?"  After making the statement, I turned and began walking home.  To my surprise, the entire flock took flight and followed me. 

  •  Experiencing The Unusual


For the following three mornings, two crows sitting on a high wire greeted me.  If I walked into the backyard, they followed me and swooped down close to my head. Then as I returned to the front of the house, those bold crows followed me, each diving down approaching me closer and closer. On the third morning, they became incredibly aggressive.  One fearless crow dove so close to my head I felt the rush of wind on the left side of my face as it passed. They always approached me from my back, but I could hear the earsplitting, distinctive sound increasing as they came closer to me.  One plucky black crow, passed at the right side of my head causing me to feel the tip of its wing brush my hair.  Did I experience fear? No! Well, maybe a little.     

The crow experience, which gave me great pleasure, came to an end.  They no longer pay attention to me. Their assignment stamped by the power of heaven reads - COMPLETED.

The crow is now my totem symbol, which I explain in the following section.  I wonder could the adventure with the crows, be because I have a small portion of Native American Heritage in my DNA?


  • Researching The Unusual


In my opinion, Google holds terrific information and you may want to do further research on the crow.  Go to Google.com and add "Crow Spirit Animal."  Seeking knowledge on Google always leads to interesting awareness.  I offer the information I gleaned:
The crow is a spirit animal associated with life's mysteries and magic.  
They offer luck.
If the crow has chosen you as your spirit or totem animal, it supports you in developing the power of sight, transformation, and connection with life's magic.
Life does seem magic as we look at the sunrise and sunset, the magic of loving relationships, the magic of birth and death.  Could we say, magic is a wonder of life given to us by our loving and giving creator?

  • Accepting The Unusual


How many times have you, my dear reader, been known to make such a statement, "Hum, that's very unusual."

Would you agree we all can claim an unusual trait or two in the way we look, walk, dress, talk, and conduct ourselves?  I suppose what is unusual to one is quite normal to another.  A young man living across town is known as a "weird duck" and classified by others as very unusual, but actually, he's quite bright and has a lot of wisdom to share.  When you get acquainted with him, he is not so unusual.

Let's look for, get acquainted with, and appreciate the unusual.

*****
Thanks to Christy Monson for her kind words regarding "Work Horse."  She wrote: Beautiful post.  Many things to think about.  Thanks for this comparison.  I will think about it and my relationship to my work ethic for time to come.

*****

Until the next post when we will explore the topic,
"Searching for Beauty"

The Lord loves you and wants you to serve gladly.






1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I would have been scared if the crows had swooped that close to my head. You are brave. I'm glad they will bring you luck in the following days. I will take some time to consider the 'unusual' in my life! We are both blessed!

    ReplyDelete