Saturday, November 15, 2014

Reason for the motto of tulips



TULIPS

Did you notice the row of tulips on the upper left side of the blog?

I would like to tell you why they are there:  While attending a mutual class some years ago, my class mates and I were each deciding on a personal motto.  Being in a quandary as to what mine might be, my teacher, Wanda McDougal, came to my side and said,  "Do you like flowers?"  "Yes" was my reply. She thought for a moment and added, "Use the tulip it aims high and shoots straight; a good motto to live by."

From that night, using the words of my astute teacher, I have found my motto of the tulip to be a strong mentor in my life.

One spring I wrote a Haiku poem.  I would like to share it with you.

I called to sweet spring,
"Are tulips aiming skyward,
Shooting straight aloft?"

May I say to each of you, "Aim high and shoot straight and may choice blessing come to you."



No comments:

Post a Comment